In this article we are going to discuss: kerastase elixir ultime vs moroccan oil. Which one is the best?
Do you have dry hair and is wondering what can you do to fix this “small” problem? I believe that one of the best solutions in this case is to invest in oils.
Some people are using cooking oils on the hair, but not everyone like the idea. Let’s be real here, not always they smell the best and sometimes they can leave your hair heavy and sticky.
They are perfect for dry hair but the good news is that nowadays modern oils are indicated to all types of hair.
You will definitely find a type of oil or brand that will be perfect for you. I chose this time to write about kerastase elixir ultime vs moroccan oil because they are fine to all hair types.
My hair tends to dry up but it will certainly work well in other hair types, including the oily hair.
In this kerastase elixir ultime vs moroccan oil report, I am describing my impressions and giving some details on how these oils performed on my own head.
kerastase elixir ultime vs moroccan oil – My Moroccan Oil Experience
I thought it was a little expensive, but I don’t mind spending money on a product, if it delivers a desirable result.
Without thinking too much I bought the oil and start to use it.
At first it did not work at all. I went back to my cooking olive oil and “archived” my Moroccan Oil in my drawer.
One day, having in mind that I had to stop using olive oil urgently, I decided to give the Moroccanoil another chance.
I didn’t feel it was really working for my hair but at least it was better than the previous serums and olive oil.
Specially having in mind that the product was not cheap, I decided that I was going to use it till the end.
In the beginning I would apply it everyday. Then Gradually I started to notice that my hair was getting shinier, smoother and sleek.
For my surprise, after a while, I noticed that my hair was starting to get better and better.
As I kept using the moroccan oil, I started to gradually diminish the frequency that i applied the product on my hair.
Nowadays, I just need to use a small amount of the product, every time I wash my hair (after the straining).
kerastase elixir ultime vs moroccan oil – My Kerastase Elixir Ultime Oil Experience
In this meantime I decided to by the Kerastase Elixir Oil To test it out. I must admit here that the package was very inviting!
Loved the smell, the consistency and I started using it.
I notice that it didn’t really do much for my hair, except making the straightening process easier.
I decided to give it a discount because I remembered myself about that moroccanoil was like this in the beginning.
But this time, It did not work that much.
On a conversation with a hair dresser, she agreed with me that moroccan oil would be a more efficient solution for very dry hair.
People with normal hair would love the kerastase elixir, but in my case, my hair is not only naturally dry, but I use heat constantly.
Kerastase Elixir Ultime vs Moroccan Oil – The Final Conclusions
I Decided to get back to moroccan oil. I have been using it for more than 2 years, and absolutely loving it.
The actual problem is that now I feel my hair is getting a little tired of it. It it still does the job.
I guess that soon I will need to find another oil to my everyday hair routine.
I have found 100% natural and organic oils to do a good job on my hair right now. But these ones I just like to use as a pre shampoo routine.
So far, Moroccan Oil is still the best option for my hair.
Kerastase Elixir Ultime vs Moroccan Oil – Which One To Choose?
If you have from normal dry to very dry and damaged hair, Moroccan Oil would be a better solution for you
- If you Have normal hair, both options (Moroccan Oil and Kerastase Elixir Oil) would be great for you. Knowing that Moroccan Oil would be slightly better
- If you have oily hair, you could try The light version of moroccan Oil or Kerastase Elixir Oil
Kerastase Elixir Ultime vs Moroccan Oil – When And How To Apply
- As a pre shampoo: heat a for a few seconds and apply the oil on the scalp. Massage it and leave for a while. Then you can go ahead with your washing routine
- Mixing with your favourite hair mask: I particularly don’t like doing it with the traditional version of Moroccan Oil. I do like using this method with the light version of the Oil. I just add a few drops to the mask and then I rinse normally
- Before straightening my hair: Even though it makes the straightening process much easier, I never like doing it. I have noticed that when I do it, my hair gets fussy more easily under humidity of the air.
- After straightening hair, as the final touch. This is how I like to use it. I apply it section by section and then tie it up.
Kerastase Elixir Ultime Oil
- As a pre shampoo tend to work all right. We can see that after washing the hair, it gets easier to handle
- Mixing with hair treatment mask: yes it gives a nice touch to the hair when you mix with other hair treatments
- Before strengthening the hair: It helps to protect from the heat as well as helps the hair to slide better on the straightener. Gives a touch of shine. From my experience, it let my hair shiny but very dry at the same time.
- After straightening hair, as the final touch. I would recommend it for normal hair.